Problem with wrt54gl router

VirginSnow at vfemail.net VirginSnow at vfemail.net
Mon Sep 17 18:00:17 EDT 2007

> Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 17:37:24 -0400
> From: "Ben Scott" <dragonhawk at gmail.com>

>   See if you can log-in to the web management UI on the LinkSys
> router.  Typically this will mean entering http://192.168.1.1 on the
> router.  The default password will be in the manual, but I think it's
> either "linksys", "admin", or "password".  The username doesn't matter
> on most LinkSys models.

If the admin password is still the default admin password, it may not
be anymore.  A neighbor with a default password list could easily cause
this kind of trouble. ;)

> 3. Unplug power from cable modem and LinkSys router.
> 4. Wait 15 minutes.  (Yes, that long.  Really.)

I have to second step #4.  That's how long it really takes for all the
broken electrons to flow back down the wires to Comcast.

> 5. Plug cable modem power back in.

> > I could look into new firmware but it has been running fine for months.
>
>   Right, but it's not running fine now.  Obviously *something* happened.  :)

Did you try the reset button?