The Silent Woman

Neil Joseph Schelly neil at jenandneil.com
Wed Apr 2 10:43:03 EDT 2008

On Wednesday 02 April 2008 10:29, Jim Kuzdrall wrote:
>     "Sending failed: Authorization failed, An error occurred during
> authentication: SASL(-4): no mechanism available; No worthy mechs
> found; authentication not supported."

You're not looking at an OS, program, or connectivity problem at all.  This is
the message from the remote mail server telling you exactly what's wrong.

Is she connecting to the mail server provided by her ISP or some other mail
server?  What's the ISP?

It's tough to say without knowing more, but here's my guess.  You're POPing
mail from a third-party server and trying to send with that server as well,
using authentication. Your ISP is blocking the traffic destined for the
third-party mail server and rerouting it silently to their own.  Their server
doesn't support authentication, so your client is failing when it tries to
send authentication information intended for the third party server.

Sound familiar?
-N