Session recording

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Thu Apr 3 15:00:52 EDT 2008

"Mark Greene" <prgrmr at gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> My name is mark and I'm new to the list.

Hello Mark, welcome :)

> EMC has most definitely not discontinued the Centera product line.  The
> first generation models are EOL'd for 2009, but the lastest (4th) gen is
> actively being sold and has no EOL assigned.  I'm not an EMC employee or
> VAR, just used to work for a company that was an EMC customer and has a
> Centera.

My condolences :) I used to work in the Centera division.  I know
entirely too much about how that product is developed to be objective.

The rumor "on the street" is that Centera has been discontinued.  They
have a follow-on product planned, but from what I've heard, is not
ready yet.  Of course, my information comes 7th-hand, and is purely
rumor at this point.

Sun is coming out with Honeycomb "Real Soon Now" too :)

--
Seeya,
Paul