In search of an nForce2 board w/FireWire...

Shawn O'Shea shawn at eth0.net
Mon Apr 7 14:36:54 EDT 2008

>   Isn't the MCP-T on lots of cheap nForce-2 based motherboards?
>
> I believe so, but I'm not seeing very many that actually have the
> FireWire functionality wired up. The Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe and Abit NF7-S
> v2 are the only two I can confirm have what I'm after. There may well be
> a Shuttle board (MN31N) that fits the bill as well. The other thing to
> watch out for are boards that have FireWire but use a stand-alone
> FireWire chipset (such as at least one DFI nForce 2 board that uses an
> Agere controller).

The manual for the DFI  LanParty NFII Ultra says "nVIDIA(R) nForce2TM MCP-T
and Agere FW803 Phy chips", so I guess that's what you mean (
http://us.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_product_spec_details_r_us.jsp?PRODUCT_ID=1524&CATEGORY_TYPE=MB&SITE=US
)

Some flavor of the MSI K7N2G  might have it:
http://global.msi.com.tw/index.php?func=proddesc&prod_no=521&maincat_no=1

The AOpen AK79G-1394 and AK79D-1394 (search this support page to download
manuals http://usa.aopen.com/download.aspx) are prospects as well.

I was just busting out some GoogleFu because I was curious :)

-Shawn