power meters [ was low power linux PC? ]

mike ledoux mwl+gnhlug at alumni.unh.edu
Mon Apr 7 16:27:29 EDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 11:53:00AM -0400, Paul Lussier wrote:
> Alex Hewitt <hewitt_tech at comcast.net> writes:
>
> > I believe this item,
> > "http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/travelpower/7657/" that measures power
> > consumption might have been discussed on the list before but the same
> > folks now offer a more sophisticated model:
> >
> > http://www.thinkgeek.com/gadgets/travelpower/7acf/
>
> I'm curious what the major differences between these two are.  The
> former costs $129.00, the latter $24.99.  Is it that the Watt's UP!
> model records and stores info whereas the Kill'O'Watt merely displays
> the current stats?

The expensive one has USB so you can offload the data to a PC.  I
have two of the cheap ones that I'd be happy to loan out, if people
are curious but don't necessarily want to buy a device they'll only
use a few times.

--
mwl+gnhlug at alumni.unh.edu          OpenPGP KeyID 0x57C3430B
Holder of Past Knowledge           CS, O-