gnuplot woes

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 12:20:35 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 11:52 AM, Labitt, Bruce
<labittb1 at tycoelectronics.com> wrote:
>  I'm trying to install gnuplot on a Centos box.  I tried installing via
>  compilation and have run into a couple of issues.

  Have you tried adding the popular third-party repositories --
especially rpmforge?  I find they often have what is needed, or at
least, some of it.

  I usually install them, but then disable them by default, out of
paranoia.  Then I use some variation of the script below to make it
easy to enable them "as needed".  That way, I can just do "yumr all
install foo" or "yumr rpmforge list updates".

#!/bin/sh
all=atrpms,freshrpms,livna,rpmforge,kde-redhat,kde-redhat-all,jpackage-generic,jpackage-fedora,jpackage-nonfree,planetccrma,planetcore
repo="$1" ; shift
[ "$repo" = all ] && repo="$all"
yum "--enablerepo=$repo" "$@"

-- Ben