gnuplot woes

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 13:59:41 EDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 1:34 PM, Labitt, Bruce
<labittb1 at tycoelectronics.com> wrote:
> To all the folks who responded off list, thanks.  I do know that I could
>  install via yum.  Sometimes we want to do things the hard way.

  Well, then, it should be hard, shouldn't it?  ;-)

  One thing you may want to try is getting the source package from the
distribution.  The RPM .spec file will indicate all its build
dependencies, so you can figure out what packages you need, and what
patches the distro people think are needed to make it work.  You can
also customize the .spec file to tweak the build configuration, if
that's what you're after.  Then you can build your own customized RPM
packages, too.  RPM makes this relatively easy.

-- Ben