anyone have a cheap source for pc3200 memory?

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 17:55:16 EDT 2008

On Sun, Apr 20, 2008 at 4:13 PM, Bruce Labitt <bruce.labitt at verizon.net> wrote:
> I need 184 pin pc3200 (400 MHz DDR1)

  The designation "PC3200" implies "DIMM, SDRAM, 400 MHz, DDR
(first-generation)", so those matches should, well, match.  :)

> ideally low density

  Well, that's a different matter.  I dunno about any designation in
common use for memory densities.  Is that a limitation of the
motherboard chipset or something?

>> http://www.google.com/products?q=PC3200+1GB&scoring=p
>
>  Most of the link shows bogus information.

  Yah, you get that a lot on the Internet.  You have to separate the
wheat from the chaff.  I don't think we're seeing the same hits.  The
first five hits I get are totally bogus, for example.  :)  We're
prolly getting different Google servers or something.  But here's some
promising hits culled from the first few pages (leaving out all the
eBay matches):

http://www.bzboyz.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProdID=3293

http://www.onsale.com/shop/detail.aspx?dpno=7192316

  I have no idea about memory density, nor if those vendors are in any
way reliable.

-- Ben