Source for DVI/USB KVM switch, cables

Brian Chabot brian at datasquire.net
Fri Apr 25 02:50:11 EDT 2008

Kent Johnson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need a KVM switch that will, at a minimum, switch one DVI monitor at
> 1920x1200 and one USB port between two computers. An extra USB port and
> audio would be a bonus but not required.

http://www.amconnstore.com/products/dvikvm/KVM712DV/
$90 but you supply the cables.

http://www.amconnstore.com/products/kvmcables/KCDC6A/
6 foot cables for $10 each.

I might be able to get you a better price through Just Works, but take
your pick of covering shipping or wait till I have a big enough order to
make shipping negligible.

http://www.trendnet.com/langen/products/proddetail.asp?prod=170_TK-204UK&cat=105
http://www.shopblt.com/cgi-bin/shop/shop.cgi?action=enter&thispage=0110020080020_BQ72571P.shtml&order_id=!ORDERID!
http://www.skycomp.com.au/product.aspx?id=102087

Pricing is about $149AU... but out of stock everywhere it seems.  I can
special order these, too, but my supplier is also... out of stock with
no ETA.

http://www.iogear.com/product/GCS942UW6/
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817399024
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3606155&CatId=3484

Not sure if this quite fits the bill, but it is a little cheaper than $149.

Hope this helps,

Brian