Comcast blocks port 25 incoming, yet again

Joshua Ronne Altemoos joshua at wolfnix.net
Wed Apr 30 12:22:24 EDT 2008

I have VZ/Fairpoint, and it is horriable I might add.

Speeds are awful, I just speedtested the connection and got 700 kb/s down
and 100kb/s up, but I never get these speeds really. I downloaded the recent
ubuntu ISO @ 100kb/s or less. Also most of the times I get 4-10kb/s for
uploading...

They also refuse to replace our modem, that often disconnects out connection
whenever one person stops using the connection, and the only way to fix this
is to powercycle the modem.

We are considering switching to Comcast.

~Josh

---
Josh Altemoos
joshua at wolfnix.net