Octaviz, VTK, & Octave CMAKE???

Labitt, Bruce labittb1 at tycoelectronics.com
Tue Aug 5 12:01:51 EDT 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: gnhlug-discuss-bounces at mail.gnhlug.org
[mailto:gnhlug-discuss-bounces at mail.gnhlug.org] On Behalf Of Ben Scott
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 11:08 AM
To: gnhlug-discuss at mail.gnhlug.org
Subject: Re: Octaviz, VTK, & Octave CMAKE???

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 10:56 AM, Labitt, Bruce
<labittb1 at tycoelectronics.com> wrote:
>  Say I need to edit the spec file (add options), how do I create a new
> src.rpm file?  ... Now I need to create a new file myvtk.src.rpm....

  Okay, for that, you will need to unpack the SRPM using "rpm -i", as
you wrote.  Edit the spec file.  I suggest changing the "Release"
field somehow, to make it easier to distinguish your tweaked version
from the original.  Then do:

	rpmbuild -ba your-new-spec-file.spec

  That should spit out installable RPMs under /usr/src/RPMS and SRPMs
under /usr/src/SRPMS.  -ba is "build all".  There are variants for
more selective operations, consult the man page for details.

-- Ben

[Labitt, Bruce] Umm, then I need to install the rpms?

The vtk.spec file contains make and make install instructions - I
thought that would install stuff.

However, I did find in the /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/x86_64 directory a newly
made batch of vtk related rpms.  Slight confusion here.

How do I tell if yum installed these rpms?

yum list installed vtk ?
yum list extras vtk?

Thanks!
-Bruce