Octaviz, VTK, & Octave CMAKE???

Labitt, Bruce labittb1 at tycoelectronics.com
Thu Aug 7 13:28:54 EDT 2008

From: Bill McGonigle [mailto:bill at bfccomputing.com]
Subject: Re: Octaviz, VTK, & Octave CMAKE???

Yeah, it surprised me this wasn't built in to Scientific Linux.
Octave and VTK are built in to Fedora 9, but I'm assuming you're
running Scientific Linux for other reasons.

[Labitt, Bruce] The original reason was to have some sort of stability
in my work platform, ala RHEL 5.2.  As time goes on, and the "agony"
continues this will become less relevant to me.  Live & learn, I guess.

> Sorry to vent.  Anyone got some helpful suggestions?

Yes!  When you get it working send your .spec files upstream to a
repo so the next poor guy can type 'yum -y install octaviz'!  [Labitt,
Bruce] I will seriously consider this.  I would hope someone would
benefit from all this grief...

[Labitt, Bruce] OK, back on thread...  I'm not sure vtk built properly.
So I uninstalled all the rpms (that I built) with yum.  I rebuilt from
the edited vtk.spec file and am looking through the console output file.
Here are a couple of questions for folks:

-- Check size of __int64 - failed      This means what?

-- Cannot determine repository type.  Please set UPDATE_TYPE to 'cvs' or
'svn'. CTest update will not work.  Non-fatal, I presume?

-- Looking for C++ include strstream.h - not found.  I think this is a
VTK issue in that it uses the older file rather than strstream

-- Check size of uchar - failed.        This means what?

-- Looking for glXGetProcAddressARB in GL/glx.h - FALSE.  Is this bad?
What does it mean?

In the file GL/glx.h there are the lines:

	typedef void (* __GLXextFuncPtr)(void);
	extern __GLXextFuncPtr glXGetProcAddressARB (const GLubyte);

I really appreciate any help the list can provide.
Thanks,
-Bruce