Laptop external power from batteries (DC/DC)

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Mon Aug 18 19:07:53 EDT 2008

On Aug 18, 2008, at 18:24, Ben Scott wrote:

>   Someone brought up the idea of powering a laptop from DC sources,
> rather than the traditional AC power bricks.  This is strictly about
> external power, not the laptop's built-in batteries.

I'll admit to it and just mention here that it came up in the context
of doing linux demos in the wild, so it's not especially off-topic.

I've since found this guy:

   http://store.mp3car.com/Carnetix_CNX_P1900_DC_DC_Regulator_p/
pwr-010.htm

which looks promising (my laptop is also 19VDC).  I'd need to
repurpose a power cord.

I've tried doing audio recording with my laptop running off of the
car with an inverter and the electrical noise ruined the effort.  It
would be nice if this worked.

But there are actually folks on this list who understand these
things, so I'll stop and listen now.

-Bill

-----
bill at bfccomputing.com		Cell: 603.252.2606