OpenSSH logging with GMT on Connection close?

Kevin D. Clark kevin_d_clark at comcast.net
Tue Aug 19 13:17:55 EDT 2008

Michael Pelletier writes:

> And with syslog, it's the syslogd that's responsible for the
> timestamp, not the process sending the log entry.

I take no great pleasure in telling you this, because I'm not wild
about this behavior, but what you have written here is incorrect.  The
timestamp is created by syslog(), and not the syslogd that receives
the messages.

This is why I suggested syslogd-ng's use_time_recvd...

Regards,

--kevin
--
GnuPG ID: B280F24E                Meet me by the knuckles
alumni.unh.edu!kdc                of the skinny-bone tree.