[GNHLUG] MerriLUG Nashua, Thur 21 Aug, Linux is Finished?

Jim Kuzdrall gnhlug at intrel.com
Wed Aug 20 05:43:56 EDT 2008

Who  : Everybody
What : Linux suggestions and improvements
Where: Martha's Exchange
Day  : Thur 21 Aug **Tomorrow**
Time : 6:00 PM for grub, 7:30 PM for discussion

:: Overview

    The kernel is done.  Who would need features beyond KDE 3.4?  Ubunto
installation is the acme of perfection.  Should we stop developing
Linux and just use it?

    Aside from applications, what new Linux features do you need?  What
flaws bug you the most?  Does code size and operating speed mean enough
these days to justify recoding?  Does Vista have anything Linux should
add?

    Should the United Nations (or maybe NATO) decree that all new
computer designs include a debugged Linux installer, as is done for
Microsoft products?

    Come along for a pleasant summer evening in good company.  Ponder
the future and what we can do about it.

 >>> RSVP to Jim Kuzdrall for dinner to assure adequate seating. <<<
 !!! If you are not a "Regular Attendee" (50%), please let me know. !!!

Driving directions:
http://wiki.gnhlug.org/twiki2/bin/view/Www/PlaceMarthasExchange

Thanks,

Jim Kuzdrall