(OT) Laptop Repair

Michael Pelletier mvpel at hushmail.com
Thu Aug 21 11:53:40 EDT 2008

Paul,

My friend Andy Demers did a great job when my four-year-old son knocked my
laptop off a precarious perch and cracked the screen.  It makes some pretty
amazing colors and patterns when you poke it, doesn't it?

You can reach him via <aedemers at gmail.com>.  I had him replace the keyboard
(which had had a couple of keys pried off by small fingers - kids are God's
way of telling you your stuff is too nice, and not sticky enough) and add
some memory too while he had it cracked open.  He charges a fair price.

I got the parts via a vendor on eBay at a much better price than the "cost
of a new laptop" price that HP wanted to charge me, so I'd start there for a
replacement screen.

	-Michael Pelletier.