Laptop external power from batteries (DC/DC)

Michael Pelletier mvpel at hushmail.com
Thu Aug 21 14:39:43 EDT 2008

Yep, apparently the APC units have a little firmware chip in there, so it's
a persistent configuration.

I have about half a dozen of them around the house (TV, wireless router, two
computer desks, VoIP adapter & cordless phone plus the weather station
console, cable modem in the basement) and until I made the update every
power glitch resulted in a deafening racket echoing through the house. My
wife is much happier now.

	-Michael Pelletier.