a call for collos

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 17:03:13 EST 2008

DISCLAIMER: These are my own personal opinions.

On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 4:05 PM, Alan Johnson <alan at datdec.com> wrote:
> Anyway, cheap and available are my primary concerns.  The closer to
> the Upper Valley (Lebanon, Hanover, White River Junction, VT, etc.),
> the better but I am expecting to have to go as far as Manchester or Montpelier.

  While I'm sure this isn't as close to you as you would like, MV
Communications (http://www.mv.com/) is in Manchester, NH.  Their
services include colo, with 24/7 card-key access.  Their rates seemed
reasonable when I was looking for local commercial hosting (for an
unrelated, failed project).

  MV is the company which donates hosting to GNHLUG.  I've said it
before on this very list: The customer service GNHLUG gets for free
from MV is better or equal to everything else I've ever been able to
*pay for* myself.  Typically quite a bit better.

  They're also one of the oldest commercial Internet providers -- they
formed in 1991 as an ISP.  So they appear to have staying power.

  Highly recommended.

-- Ben

DISCLAIMER: These are my own personal opinions.