Rodents (mice)

Stephen Ryan stephen at sryanfamily.info
Mon Dec 8 17:16:09 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 12:05 -0500, Kevin D. Clark wrote:
> What kind of cool things do people normally do with mice with that
> have more than three buttons and a scroll wheel?
>
> What interesting tricks am I missing by simply using a three-button /
> scroll-wheel mouse?
>
> Of the things that I've seen mentioned so far, the "back/next" button
> features sound remotely interesting (I assume these are in the context
> of a browser).

I've got a Logitech G5 laser, which has three extra buttons; one thumb
button and the scroll wheel rocks left and right (possibly for
horizontal scrolling?).  I also use compiz.  The thumb button I have
bound to activate the scale plugin[0]; the left/right rocker buttons I
have bound to rotate the cube to the next/previous desktop.

[0] Like Apple's expose feature, it temporarily tiles all open windows
on the screen at once, so you can find windows that have been buried or
lost on another desktop.
--
Stephen Ryan
Dartware, LLC