Need dd-wrt configuration to isolate wireless router from local LAN...

Alex Hewitt hewitt_tech at comcast.net
Thu Dec 11 16:56:37 EST 2008

Bill McGonigle wrote:
> On 2008-12-11 4:28 PM, Alex Hewitt wrote:
>> LinkSys RV042
>
> The Amazon product page says this thing has built-in DMZ support with
> LAN isolation.
>
> That's my extent of knowledge of the product, but it might be a matter
> of 'plug it into the DMZ port'.
>
> -Bill

 You might be right. I dug out the User's Guide and it does look just
about that simple. I was spending time looking at the WRT54G (v5) router
with dd-wrt and it's really bare bones. I then started checking out
Open-WRT on the WRT54GL and that setup is very easy to use. So I'll
probably just use the DMZ feature and set the inner wireless router to a
fixed address and make it a DMZ connection.

Thanks,
-Alex