[GNHLUG] Handing over the reigns at NHRuby.org

Scott Garman sgarman at zenlinux.com
Wed Dec 24 10:53:24 EST 2008

[I'm forwarding the following from the NHRuby.org mailing lists. Note
that the lists being shut down I refer to below are *not* the GNHLUG lists.]

Hello fellow Rubyists,

There are some changes afoot for the NH Ruby and Rails User Group I
wanted to let you know about. I am officially handing over the reigns of
the group to the leadership of Nick Plante.

While I technically founded NHRuby.org back in January of '07, Nick has
been involved from the start, and we've considered each other co-chairs
(and co-horts in crime) since the group got off the ground. I know Nick
is going to do an excellent job helping the group continue to grow and
succeed as a resource and gathering hub for Rubyists in the area.

This change is due to the fact that I will be moving to the West Coast
in January. This group is one of the many things I will miss dearly
about New Hampshire. Fortunately I can and will remain in touch with the
group remotely.

To date, I've been hosting the electronic resources for the group
(domain name, wiki, and mailing lists). I'm now in the process of
migrating these services to ones Nick will administer.

The most disruptive change will be that this mailing list will be shut
down on Monday, December 29. You will need to manually subscribe to the
following Google Groups, which will replace the announcements and
discussion lists, respectively:

http://groups.google.com/group/nhruby-announce

http://groups.google.com/group/nhruby-discuss

Shortly after that, the nhruby.org domain will be transferred to Nick
and he will take over hosting the web site (and adding a new blog, which
is planned to eventually replace the wiki).

It's been an honor and privilege to be involved in one of the first
Ruby/Rails user groups in New Hampshire.

Scott

--
Scott Garman
sgarman at zenlinux dot com