Debian HTTPS mirrors

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 24 13:39:56 EST 2008

On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 1:28 PM, Thomas Charron <twaffle at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Thanks, but in this case, the checkpoint firewall is working
> 'correctly'.  When that is tried, I end up with a pretty brief
> 'Checkpoint denied.  Bugger off'.  :-D

  Ahhh.  Sophistication in filtering.  What a concept.  ;-)  I don't
suppose it's worth asking The Powers That Be for outbound HTTP and/or
FTP for this device, since it's not a danger to this device?  One
occasionally encounters network nazis who are willing to listen to
valid reasons.  (I have to keep the network at $JOB fairly strongly
locked down for all the usual reasons, but if someone has a business
reason for something, I'm generally willing to work with them.  It's
only the people who just want to waste company resources that I say
"no" to.)

  Hmmm, I wonder if you configured both ends to use a null SSL cipher,
if the Checkpoint would be happy if you used SSL without any actual
security.  (Whether this is a good idea or not is left for the reader
to decide; at this point my speculation has become more an exercise in
curiosity.  It would save CPU cycles, though.)

-- Ben