USB enclosure for a laptop IDE drive?

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 17:26:53 EST 2008

On Tue, Dec 30, 2008 at 4:09 PM, Ted Roche <tedroche at tedroche.com> wrote:
> The folks at GotInk4You (*) sell a "USB 2.0 to SATA/IDE" cable &
> connector pretty cheap ///

  I got one of those, it's pretty neat.  40-pin and 44-pin (laptop)
parallel plugs molded right into the ends of it, plus a SATA socket.
So for laptop drives, you can just plug it right in.  For larger
drivers, there's a separate power brick with a 4-pin Molex, plus a
Molex-to-SATA-power adapter.  A short (5"?) SATA cable is also
included.  My only complaint is that on some hard disks, the USB
cable/molding blocks access to the Molex socket on the drive.

  Amazon has it too, if someone wants pictures (but buy local, blah blah blah):

http://www.amazon.com/USB-SATA-5-25-Cable-Adapter/dp/B000YJBL78

-- Ben