[GNHLUG] SLUG / GNHLUG Durham - Mon 11 Feb - Rockbox MP3 playerfirmware

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Fri Feb 8 08:40:00 EST 2008

On Feb 7, 2008 8:24 PM, Mark E. Mallett <mem at mv.mv.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 12:03:08PM -0500, amc wrote:
> > The only bad thing about rockbox is it support for video. it is weak for
> > video. has anyone had good luck with it for video ?
>
> The allure of watching videos on the itty screen eludes me (I must be
> too old), so I haven't yet tried it.  Perhaps I will just for kicks..

When I used to commute on the T into Boston, I spent 40 minutes on the
commuter rails, 20-30 on the T then 10 minutes walking.  On the commuter
rail I could pull out a laptop, but it was a pain.  On the T, an iPod screen
to watch last night's daily show would be doable but anything much larger
would be a pain or impossible.

The 5th generation iPods (current is 6th) can hook up to a TV with an
adapter to RCA jacks (svideo too?).