Free Software Replacement for Maple

Gurhan gurhan.ozen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 12:56:27 EST 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 12:40 PM, Lori Nagel <jastiv at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know of a Free-Software replacement for Maple?  My husband is
> taking a an electrical engineering graduate level statistics  class and says
> he needs  it to do  some of his  homework.  Having never gotten far enough
> in the maths myself,  I'm not  really sure what features it needs.  All I
> know is proprietary license keys are a real pain.

  Does it have to be maple-compatible? I mean will he need to turn in
maple code for his assignments? If you are just looking for a
mathematical software GNU Octave is an excellent one. It's intended to be
a free software clone of Matlab, and does the job pretty good.

http://www.octave.org

Thanks,
gurhan