kernel bug

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Feb 21 13:04:05 EST 2008

I'm assuming your reply to me was meant for the list, so re-adding the
list to the cc...

On Thu, 2008-02-21 at 11:26 -0500, amc wrote:
> problem is how do I capture the stack output when the kernel has crashed ?
> there seems to be no log entry of kernel crashes. like I said the kernel
> crashes before it loads any other process.

Set up serial console output if you've got a serial port on your laptop,
or set up kdump to capture a vmcore. Sounds like your laptop is probably
sufficiently new enough that it has no serial port. Worst-case, get your
framebuffer output resolution as high as possible and take a picture. We
actually get a fair number of stack traces from users that way in the
Red Hat bugzilla. :)

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com