Solved: SSH tunnel question

Paul Lussier p.lussier at comcast.net
Wed Feb 27 16:18:29 EST 2008

"Steven W. Orr" <steveo at syslang.net> writes:

> Four Quatloos to Michael!
>
> On the work side:
> ssh -R 9876:localhost:22 syslang.net
> On the home side:
> ssh -v -p 2222 localhost

And you could simplify all this by setting up a specific key on the
remote side to exec the specific command you want.  This would allow
you to separate the keys you use for interactive seesions from those
specifically for exec'ing certain commands.

This would make it simple to wrap everything in a script that you just
kicked off from the command line and forgot about later.

I don't remember the particular incantations to do so, but there are
plenty of examples in the O'Reilly SSH book.

Also, don't forget about using ControlPath and ControlMaster to make
things go faster once you've established a session to your hosts.

If I think of it tonight and have the time, I'll see if I can't come
up with a small script to do what I'm talking about.
--
Seeya,
Paul