Can a browser based application write to files on a local hard disk?

Alex Hewitt hewitt_tech at comcast.net
Mon Jan 28 17:49:54 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-28 at 17:23 -0500, Ben Scott wrote:
> On Jan 28, 2008 5:05 PM, Alex Hewitt <hewitt_tech at comcast.net> wrote:
> > If I take the TiddlyWiki approach, the data will be on their system in
> > the form of a web page which they will be modifying. Under those
> > circumstances they own the whole enchilada.
>
>   That doesn't matter; it will still be your fault.   (I wish I was kidding.)
>
> > Definitely not paying customers.
>
>   Ahhh.  That makes it soooo much easier.  :-)
>
> > End users usually don't back up anything.
>
>   Yup!  And in addition to the IT magician, they will also blame
> whatever person/company wrote the software.  "What?!?  I paid all this
> money for this software and now you're telling me my data is gone?!?"
> ~sigh~
>
> -- Ben

We have a guy here in Manchester who thinks he's a psychic. He's gotten
smart though. He now advertises his reading sessions as "entertainment".
That way people can't go after him because he told them to do something
and they got hurt because they took him seriously. Maybe we need to do
something along those lines with software.

-Alex