Netgear now touting open source WRT-compatible wireless router

Bill Freeman f at ke1g.mv.com
Tue Jul 1 09:17:21 EDT 2008

> ... I've not really been
> interested in Linksys gear because I've had terrible experience with the
> hardware just crapping out, and I've had good experience with Netgear, so I
> was glad to see this.

On the other hand, I've had the only Netgear that I owned crap out too.  To be
fair, it provided years of service first.

Any product under the margin pressure that home routers see probably isn't using,
for example, pre-burned in chips or MIL spec boards and soldering techniques.

But, yes, it's great to see Linux compatibility in someone's marketing plan.

Bill