Netgear now touting open source WRT-compatible wireless router

Alex Hewitt hewitt_tech at comcast.net
Wed Jul 2 07:35:39 EDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 23:05 -0400, Ben Scott wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 7:54 PM, Alex Hewitt <hewitt_tech at comcast.net> wrote:
> > I think I'll spend more time learning how to use OpenVPN...
>
>   If you've got experience configuring other VPNs, you'll probably
> find OpenVPN is really easy.  I've got config files and some knowledge
> I can share if anyone is interested.

I'd be interested. I remember you did a presentation at least a couple
of years ago at the Nashua GNHLUG meeting. Do you still have the talk in
some presentation form or do you have the notes organized some how?

-Alex

P.S. I was researching this last night and apparently besides the
OpenVPN project (SSL based) there is something called OpenSwan. OpenSwan
is IPsec based and appears to be Linux only. Although there are at least
a couple of books on OpenVPN, those books get relatively poor reviews on
Amazon.