Redhat 5 Cluster suite

Shawn O'Shea shawn at eth0.net
Mon Jul 7 16:57:22 EDT 2008

> We are a 100% Linux shop. Although the thought of Solaris has crossed our
> minds more then once. However, we are an "Enterprise Linux" shop (i.e. We
> only allow it in production if there is vendor support behind it). This is
> one of the reasons that I am looking at the RHEL5 cluster suite. I need to
> do away with the OSS LinuxHA that is currently used. I am also going to look
> into other commercial Linux clustering systems, but the project time is
> pretty short.

Just throwing options out... it's been a long time since I've used it, but I
remember (at least on Solaris and HP-UX) Veritas Cluster Server being pretty
slick (and probably pricey)

http://www.symantec.com/business/products/overview.jsp?pcid=psc_disaster_recov&pvid=20_1

RHEL4u5 and RHEL5 are supported platforms.

-Shawn