Redhat 5 Cluster suite

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Tue Jul 8 14:40:50 EDT 2008

On Jul 7, 2008, at 22:08, Paul Lussier wrote:

> So, how is that different from any other software package, commercial
> *or* open source ? :)

 From what I've seen, it's usually harder to find a 3rd party to
support a weird setup with commercial software.  I have clients
running customized versions of network apps that fit their needs
better (these changes will likely show up in RHEL at some point).  I
don't know of anybody running a custom version of Exchange.

Because with FLOSS it's possible to peek under the covers when things
get weird, and make changes if necessary, for the edge cases
developers didn't think of or get to yet, there's a whole class of
support available you can't get for commercial software.  Plus, the
community support is pretty great.

Choir dismissed.

-Bill

-----