General Procedure to get ATI/DRI card running?

Arc Riley arcriley at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 21:45:30 EDT 2008

Since you're no longer under the warm and fuzzy management of your distro,
it's possible something related to DRI may be disabled or lacking
permissions.

Also note you'll need the DRM (Direct Rendering Manager) kernel module
active.

when glxinfo says that your direct rendering is enabled, you're golden.