SL5.2 (RHEL5.2) Print Notifier (cups?)

Labitt, Bruce labittb1 at tycoelectronics.com
Thu Jul 10 11:29:58 EDT 2008

After upgrading to 5.2 my printing is broken.

Print Notifier is not allowing cancellation of jobs.
CUPS shows my default printer (which worked last week) with the
following
"Unable to lookup up host 'xxxx' - unknown host"
I cannot cancel the jobs in cups and see anything show up in print
notifier.  I have not been able to print since upgrading.

Is there a way to clear all pending jobs in print notifier?  These jobs
even survive a reboot.  This appeared to be a problem in FC3 - at least
my googling found that.

The last time I had issues with printing it was related to having to
append a corporate nameserver onto the end of some list.  I think I
ended up creating a file dhclient-enter-hooks with an export search.
Well that file is still there.  Any other place to look?