Example of ARM based linux board using initramfs and serial console

John Abreau jabr at blu.org
Thu Jul 10 17:59:34 EDT 2008

On Thu, July 10, 2008 4:08 pm, Alexander Wolfson said:
> This is our own board based on our own chip which among other things has
> ARM926EJ-S (ARMv5TEJ) core.
> There is no BSP yet, no Flash or USB drivers - only limited access to
> the board over JTAG. We can boot the board up to the point when kernel
> dies because there is no init. This why I need initramfs now.

While i don't know the details, I understand that it's common practice
when porting to a new platform to use bash, or perhaps a simpler shell,
in place of init, as a first step to achieve an initial boot.

IM: jabr at jabber.blu.org / abreauj at AIM / abreauj at Yahoo / zusa_it_mgr at Skype
Email jabr at blu.org / WWW http://www.abreau.net / PGP-Key-ID 0xD5C7B5D9

believed to be clean.