System Recovery

Labitt, Bruce labittb1 at tycoelectronics.com
Thu Jul 17 10:11:43 EDT 2008

FWIW the DVD writer was a Lite-On Model SH-16A7S01C  Mfg Date 9/2006!

As for the error, I got thru anaconda and it said it would be loading x
(I think).  The screen went black then text started on the screen.

	Code: Bad RIP value
	RIP [000.....00a9d4]
	RSP [              ]
	CR2 [000.....00a9d4]

	<0> Kernel panic - not syncing:  Fatal Exception

-Bruce