Funniest thing I've heard today and it's only 9 AM

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Tue Jun 3 18:05:41 EDT 2008

Jarod Wilson wrote:

> Though to be honest, I'm still amazed how many people I talk to and
> mention who I work for (Red Hat), and they have no clue what I'm talking
> about -- they don't know the company name or what Linux is. So perhaps
> the world in general isn't as educated as I'd like to believe it
> is... :)

Sometimes we've been inside baseball so long, we can't see the stadium
walls any more :).

At last night's meeting, Mark Boyajian was talking about comments he
would get from folks attending his Tech Talk meetings. There are people
who believe that using something other than Windows on PCs is *illegal*.
There's a huge educational challenge in reaching Joe and Jane Six-Pack.
Even within the industry, the ignorance is appalling.

--

Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC