Compaq is pissing me off

TARogue tom at tarogue.net
Sun Jun 15 14:58:52 EDT 2008

I have a Compaq Presario SR1620NX running Windows XP. I used Acronis
Disk Director Suite 10.0 to repartition my harddrive and installed
Fedora Core 9. Once it was fully installed and configured I rebooted
back to the XP partition. I was immediately redirected to "System
Recovery"

I ended having to boot back to Linux, mount the NTFS filesystem, backup
the entire partition and do a complete wipe & reinstall. Once that was
done, I "rescued" linux by reinstalling grub. With grub in place i can
get back to Linux (YAY!) but Windows is demanding a System Restore
again.

The reason I'm blaming Compaq is because I've not had this problem on
ANY of my other XP/Fedora dual boot systems. Can anyone tell me how I
can get this to work?

Thanks!
  Tom

--
TARogue (Linux user number 234357)
 Knowing ignorance is strength; ignoring knowledge is sickness.