[HUMOR] $500 patch cable

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 09:31:45 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 9:08 AM, Mark Komarinski <mkomarinski at wayga.org> wrote:
> I already knew Monster was overpriced nonsense, but I didn't realize how
> overpriced when I got two HDMI cables shipped to me for about 1/2 the
> cost of getting a single cable from any local retailer.

  My own personal favorite experience was going to local shops to buy
a TOSlink (optical) cable.  Circuit City only had Monster brand,
selling for over $60.  The sales dweeb went on about how much better
Monster is because of the better grade copper and the shielding
against interference.  When I pointed out that light is immune to
EMI/RFI and usually doesn't travel too well through copper, I just got
a blank stare.  I ended up buying a $15 cable at Sprawl-Mart, and I'm
sure that was overpriced, too.

-- Ben