Bookmark sync and other Firefox extensions (was: Firefox Download Day)

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 10:05:34 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 9:57 AM, Thomas Charron <twaffle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just wish Google hadn't dropped the ball of Google Sync.

  I tried GBS once, but couldn't get it to work.  Not that I tried
very hard.  Seemed like a real good idea, though.

> Fortunatly, Mozilla Weave
> (http://labs.mozilla.com/2008/06/weave-status-update/) is being
> updated to include all of the features and more.  :-)

  The peanut gallery at Slashdot seemed to be saying that Foxmarks
(http://www.foxmarks.com/) was better than GBS anyway.  According to
the groupmind, it's from an EFF founder, you can use your own server
or theirs, it's-not-Google-so-it's-better, etc.  I've never tried it,
so YMMV.

-- Ben