HP releases AdvFS under GPL-2

David Hardy belovedbold357 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 21:59:32 EDT 2008

Gee, I sure hope room and board was included.

Wait:  worked for the IRS for a while?

(dialing favorite hit man...ding....ding...ding...freaking answering
machine;  ain't these people EVER at their desks??!!)

May I ask: what county in Maine?  Spent six months there in Beautiful Bangor
after finishing Air Force boot camp and security police school...kinda cold
on them winter midnight shifts...but we, and this is so blatantly OT, played
poker in the nuclear weapons storage area gate shack while one or the other
of us took turns with the senior NCO in charge doing beer and wine runs to
the all-night store downtown.  Place reeked of pot smoke, too, and when we
got the heads up from the main base, we hadda open all the winders and
scurry around looking like dead-serious Cold Warriors.  Got away with it the
whole time, too.

 1971 for you damn kidz out there...

And now back to our regularly scheduled open sauce discussion in  this, our
year of endless war in the Middle East...

Serious question:  favorite new Linux distro?  Which will do media and amaze
and stun the otherwise Winders crowd at various sites of various sizes?
Anything from desktop to enterprise level.  Working some consultant stuff in
the Northeast Kingdom soon and also looking to do IT support in the local
school systems...

Thanks, folks, you are all wonderful, as always.

Old Farmer Dave
Pavilion Farm (1806)
West Montpeculiar, Vermont