[GNHLUG] NHRuby.org Meeting next Tuesday, Mar 11: A comparison between Rails and Django.

Scott Garman sgarman at zenlinux.com
Mon Mar 3 22:40:07 EST 2008

Due to limited availability of our conference room, we will be meeting
this month on the *second* Tuesday of the month, March 11.

This month, Brian Turnbull will be talking about Rails and Django,
illustrating differences and similarities by developing a web
application in each framework. Topics for comparison include:

* Application creation
* Model, View, Controller (MVC) components
* Object Relational Mappers (ORM)
* Extending the schema/models
* User Sessions
* Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA)
* Caching

Rails is a full-stack framework for developing database-backed web
applications according to the Model-View-Control pattern.
[http://rubyonrails.org]

Django is a high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid
development and clean, pragmatic design. [http://djangoproject.com]

WHEN: Tuesday, March 11, 2008. 7-9 PM.
WHERE: RMC Research Offices, 1000 Market Street, Portsmouth, NH.

For a map and driving directions, see our wiki site:

http://wiki.nhruby.org/index.php/Upcoming_meetings

Regards,

Scott

--