AD Authentication?

Kenny Lussier klussier at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 08:38:25 EST 2008

Hi all,

Does anyone know of any recent, good docs on using a Windows Active
Directory server to authenticate Linux desktops? I am currently
working in a place that has a Windows infrastructure (AD, Exchange,
etc.), but we need to be able to use the existing central
authentication for a new fleet of Linux desktops. Most of the docs
that I found were circa 2002, and they all required patching the AD
server, and installing software on the Windows side to allow different
schemas.

TIA,
Kenny