Laptop Saved! (was RAM Mapping Script)

Brian Chabot brian at datasquire.net
Thu Mar 6 16:07:15 EST 2008

k4ghp at comcast.net wrote:

> I still find it easier to open the case, remove the platter (and
> magnets) and chuck the rest of the stuff in the recycling bin.

The platters are actually pretty brittle.  You can open the case, save
the magnets, and give the platters a good whack with a hammer to shatter
them.  A friend found out they were brittle while making an "art
project" out of some retired disks... (Ok, he was making an ash tray...
and the platters snapped while he was bending them.)

Brian