Setting up separate network question

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Tue Mar 18 13:17:08 EDT 2008

On Mar 18, 2008, at 10:08, Kevin D. Clark wrote:

>> I have a high speed network connecting a cluster of computers.  The
>> external network is much slower than the secondary network.
>
> ...I assumed that you had at least two NICs in every node on the
> cluster, one connected to the slow, corporate LAN and the other
> connected to the high-speed network.
>
> At this point, I don't understand the problem description.

I think he has a cluster on a high-speed network (gigabit, or more)
and he wants to connect them up to the Internet via a slow (10/100?)
uplink.

I'd just put in a NAT gateway here, pfSense would get it done in a
hurry, though linux can certainly be configured to do NAT and IP
Forwarding.

-Bill

-----
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/