Setting up separate network question

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Tue Mar 18 21:35:11 EDT 2008

On Mar 18, 2008, at 17:59, Labitt, Bruce wrote:

> However, using the CentOs box as a gateway/router is not allowed on my
> network, by company policy. I can see what the issues are, but it does
> not make my job easier.  Using a gateway would be perfect for what I
> want to do, which is to isolate the secondary network from all the
> ordinary nonsense seen on the network, so my compute nodes can get on
> with my calculations.

Well, now I'm confused.

So you need a gateway/router but can't have one.  Are you looking for
technical hacks/workarounds, syntactic deconstruction of "gateway/
router", advice on making the business case (I'm guessing what you
really need?), or commiseration?

I think we can do any of those. :)

-Bill

-----