Session recording

Kenny Lussier klussier at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 21:48:55 EDT 2008

All,

I am looking for a way to record terminal sessions on Linux systems
(usually people logging into boxes via ssh). Basically, I need to log
everything from the time a user logs in to the time they log out,
including all commands, output of commands, etc. The output isn't
essential, but it would be good to have. Preferably something that
logs it all to syslog so it can be shipped off to a remote logging
server, but anything that logs in plain text will do. Using script
isn't an option because it logs all of the control characters, and
sudosh doesn't work because it logs in a binary format.

Has anyone used any of the kernel keystroke loggers? Can someone
comment on anything that they have used and why it is better/worse
then anything else? Commercial products are also an option, if anyone
knows of anything.

TIA,
Kenny

P.S. This is not a request for something for evil purposes. It is part
of my job, and a legal requirement......