Session recording

Dan Coutu coutu at snowy-owl.com
Mon Mar 31 15:35:59 EDT 2008

Kenny Lussier wrote:
> This is exactly the case. We have already limited what people can do
> on these systems using standard permissions, sudo, etc. What we need
> now is to log everything that is done so that when the systems are
> audited, we can provide the details of what has been done on the
> system. It's not about limiting functions, it's about audit and
> accountability.
>
> Thanks,
> Kenny

Sounds to me like you need the kind of security auditing that is found
in DoD administered machines. Using their enhanced security levels they
are able to do this kind of auditing. I recall this from my days at
Digital when we were making DEC OSF/1 able to be C2 level secure and B1
level secure. Maybe plain Linux isn't the right answer? Just a thought...

Dan