Session recording

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Mon Mar 31 16:50:52 EDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 4:21 PM, Chris <fj1200 at gmail.com> wrote:

> What about Secure Solaris....  I believe it logs everything by
> default, and there is no such thing as root..... (Not sure how that
> works but........)

I think it was folded into Solaris 10.
Solaris has RBAC which can be setup for finer grained control then something
like sudo.  If you do it right, you never need to become root.  Actually, if
you use sudo right, you never need to become root either.  MacOSX doesn't
have a login for root for example.

I've skimmed the stuff on RBAC but haven't had to use it, so take it with a
grain of salt.
Sun is also working on getting the SElinux stuff into Solaris (SEsolaris?).
And that's (IMHO) a good thing.