comcast does it again Port 25

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 21:46:05 EDT 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 6:32 PM, Bill McGonigle <bill at bfccomputing.com> wrote:
>> So I am looking for reccomendation for SMTP mail relay services.
>
>  There are some guys in Manchester who do this, and donate services to
>  GNHLUG.

  Technically speaking, it's one of their employees who is donating
the services to GNHLUG.  DynDNS corporate doesn't know us from a hole
in the wall.  :)  That said, by all accounts, they're a good company,
both to be a customer of, and an employee of.  So I expect they would
be a good choice.  We've never had any known trouble with GNHLUG's DNS
hosting in the year plus we've been using them.  Myself, I've used
their freebie dynamic DNS for my home, and have no complaints.

  MV Communications (http://www.mv.com) is the company which is
knowingly donating colo hosting to GNHLUG.  They are also in
Manchester.  I can say from personal experience they are excellent.

  Manchester apparently has a high density of decent, clueful ISPs.
Quit hogging 'em, guys!  ;-)

> Certainly paying $5/mo to them is better than any
>  deal Comcast is going to give you.

  No argument there.

-- Ben